If someone has a question that you are unsure of the answer to, please feel free to direct the user to message NJHMFA’s page with their question. If we are tagged in the post, it will also notify us of the comment and give us the capability to respond if necessary.
There are copy suggestions below but please feel free to write copy on brand for you and your organization’s page. Features and benefits of each program to promote are as follows:
NJHMFA Down Payment Assistance Program:
- $10,000 toward down payment and closing costs
- Interest-free loan
- Five-year lifespan
- No monthly payments
- Paired with NJHMFA First-Time Homebuyer Mortgage
NJHMFA Foreclosure Mediation Program:
- Free to NJ residents
- HUD-certified housing counselor partners
- Counselors act as personal advocate and guide through foreclosure mediation program
- Research has shown that homeowners who participated in counseling were nearly three times as likely to receive a loan modification, 70% more likely to remain current on their mortgage after receiving the loan modification and achieved on average a reduction of $5,000 annually on their mortgage payment.